JACK CARR BOOK CLUB
April 2021 Reading List
This month’s reading list selections consist of books I used to research THE DEVIL’S HAND. This fourth novel in the James Reece series was research intensive as I stepped into the mind of a terrorist. The basis of the book centers around what the enemies of the United States have learned by watching us on the field of battle for the past twenty years at war. If I was a senior level intelligence or military strategist in Iran, Russia, China, North Korea, or a supper-empowered individual or a leader in a terrorist organization, what lessons would I have taken and applied to future battle plans? That question formed the foundation of THE DEVIL’S HAND.
Does this list of books give you any additional insight into THE DEVIL’S HAND?
April 2021 Reading List Selections:
- Rise and Kill First by Ronen Bergman
- The Secret War with Iran by Ronen Bergman
- The Dragons and the Snakes by David Kilcullen
- Beirut Rules by Fred Burton and Samuel M. Katz
- The Gun by C.J. Chivers
- Vickers Guide Kalashnikov Volume 1
- Biohazard by Ken Alibek
- The Great Game by Peter Hopkirk
- Pharma by Gerald Posner
- The Twilight War by David Crist
- A History of Iran by Michael Axworthy
- The Hot Zone by Richard Preston
- A History of Islamic Societies by Ira M. Lapidus
- A Higher Form of Killing by Robert Harris and Jeremy Paxman
- The 9/11 Commission Report
- Rules for Radicals by Saul D. Alinsky
- The Persian Puzzle by Kenneth M. Pollack
- The Assassination Complex by Jeremy Scahill
- Blackwater by Jeremy Scahill
- Corporate Warriors by P.W. Singer
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- Surprise, Kill, Vanish by Annie Jacobsen
BLADES, BOOKS, AND BULLETS!
The Twilight War by David Crist
Jack Carr Reading List
As an Amazon Associate Jack Carr may earn from qualifying purchases.